For businesses of all sizes and in all industries, we handle the following as your business law firm (also referred to as corporate lawyer or business attorney):
- Choosing the right structure of your business (e.g., limited liability company (LLC), corporation, DBA, partnership)
- Business formation and dissolution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Federal and state compliance matters
- Real estate matters, including leases
- Hiring employees and hiring independent contractors – Employment agreements, contractor agreements and termination/severance agreements
- Partnership agreements, joint venture agreements and strategic alliance agreements
- Negotiation and preparation of deal term sheets, LLC operating agreements and shareholder agreements
- Commercial leasing, financings and closings
- NDAs and confidentiality agreements (non-disclosure agreements or confidential business information agreements), non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Internet and technology related agreements and other agreements;
- Formation of tax-exempt not-for-profit companies (e.g. 501(c)(3));
- Contractual disputes (including collections and enforcement of obligations)
- U.S. asset purchase and/or investment (so foreign investors can avoid estate/gift tax, and minimize their income taxes)
For Corporations & General Counsel
Whether you’re a publicly traded corporation or privately held company, a for-profit or not-for-profit company, as your business and corporate legal firm, our law group leverages broad experience in a number of areas such as business, technology, intellectual property, media, entertainment, real estate, and internet law.
As a mentor to startups, our firm works with seed and early-stage companies and startups, helping them refine business, financing and technology strategies to help enable rapid growth. We also advise startups in an advisory board member capacity.
For Entrepreneurs and Start-Ups
Whether you’re launching a start-up, growing or expanding your existing business, or forming a domestic or foreign business, you might not know where to start. You should consider speaking with a corporate attorney.
As an experienced law firm, we can relate. We are entrepreneurs too. We can help you drill down to what’s important—so that you can form your business correctly from the start.
As a corporate legal firm, we act as general counsel for many start-ups in media and entertainment, technology, and the internet —performing work in real estate, employment, licensing, and general business concerns.
As your business legal firm, we will help you navigate the complicated legal landscape—from the type of structure to choose (we verse you in the ABCs of DBAs, LLCs, LLPs, C- and S-corps) to how to bring new people on board—and how to let them go. We will prepare operating agreements and shareholder agreements. We can also help you collect revenues and reduce not just liability—but also loss.